Wednesday, September 17, 2008

GREAT NEWS! Daisy Dog is all better!


She's home! My little Daisy WILL see her 4Th (fourth) birthday this year on October 18th - which, BTW, is also my buddy, Baby Bash's Birthday. ;)



For those that don't know, Daisy is my 2.5lb. (two and a half pounds) dwarf of a Yorkshire Terrier (or as some call a "teacup/miniature yorkie"). She is my BABY. She sleeps with me, travels with me, & owns a full wardrobe of doggie couture. She is my only child & I am very attached. ;)


Since Daisy is so tiny, any small thing can ofset her little system and cause her to get very ill - quickly... and something did.

My little girl is just soooooo tiny & precious to me; I was extremely upset by her sickness. She was vomiting and mud-dumping all week (diarrhea). I started to suspect that she might have contracted Parvovirus, as she has contracted that twice already, even though she is immunized against it. Parvovirus can still kill dogs that are immunized if they come in contact with the feces of an animal that is shedding the virus. Parvo will kill the dog if not properly treated - especially small dogs. Without the vaccine there is less than 20% chance of survival - even after spending thousands in hospital bills.

They (doctors) still don't know exactly what happened to make my little gumbah so ill, though he suspects it might have been a tick bite from when we were in Houston, TX, circa August 29 - Sept 8th. Houston apparently has a huge tick problem... ew....
She was on IV for nearly three days! Her poor little left leg is all shaved down with a big IV gouge in it! Ewwwww... She keeps licking it!


Daisy is now doing much better. She's been on meds all week and is now finally being reintroduced to solid foods. She was so thin when she came home and she could hardly walk, but Mama (moi) nursed her right back to health!


This is My Child, my baby... some may not understand, but this is the greatest week of my life; just knowing that she is alive and well after a week of not knowing if she'd live.

Whew! I gotta say thanks to my veterinarian in Juarez, Mexico, for this one!
...And Thank God that I live close to Mexico, because her hospital bill in the US would have been astronomical!

No comments: